Friday, December 16, 2011

How do I know if anyone is using my gadget on igoogle?

I made one and published it to the directory, but I don't know if anyone added it to their homepage...|||When you write the gadget you can track it using a plethora of different methods. You can create some HTML (if it is an HTML gadget) that tracks page views like any ordinary page, if you are using a server side language like PHP or ASP you could have it simply call a javascript function and pass that info to a PHP page for collection (AJAX style), I believe you can even use cookies.





It is up to you, just put the code in your gadget and when people use it on their homepage, the gadget loads your code and executes, recording their hit.





The HTML style with PHP recording the hit I find most useful myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment