Monday, December 19, 2011

How do I get rid of igoogle?

I'm using firefox, and I want to stay signed in to my google account, but I dont want igoogle. I cant see the switch to classic button, what do I do?|||I have chrome. So what I had to do was



1. Sign *out* of google (gmail)

2. THEN go to the search page (still igoogle)

3. Click the clockwork cog at the upper right corner. (If you can't find it, it's the thing that looks like a cartoon sun or a strange flower)

4. It should bring down a few options.... click "Classic Home"



The key step that I was missing was signing OUT OF Google. Argh. Everyone kept advising me to click on Classic Home option but I couldn't find it! "What-the-what? Classic Home? Sorry, don't see it." It only populated for me once I signed out of my google account. Once you fix the default home screen so that you never have to see igoogle again, you can sign in again as usual if you want It will remain the correct default.|||When you are signed in and on the iGoogle Page, click on the gear in the upper-right hand corner, then "Classic Home." This will set your account to go to the regular www.google.com homepage by default.

No comments:

Post a Comment